The NIAMS Intramural Research Program Career Development and Outreach Branch (CDOB), also known as the NIAMS Training Office, is responsible for managing and enriching the overall research training experience across all of our labs and services.
We assist in the application process — from identifying research laboratories with projects matching the interests of the candidate, arranging interviews with prospective preceptors, relocating and living in the Washington, DC area, and assisting with the transition into the Intramural Research Program. The Office develops educational curricula and training plans and assists fellows in a customized training program. Fellows seeking specialized sources of training are encouraged to contact office staff for assistance.
Meet Previous Research Program Trainees
We serve as a resource for all NIAMS students, fellows, and their sponsors. This office works in partnership with existing NIAMS and NIH entities to ensure that we continue to attract the best fellows and provide them with a genuine growth experience enhancing their ability to compete for independent research careers within and outside the NIH.
Intramural Research Program Support
- Training activities(writing, interview, lab management, ethics).
- Guidance for mentors.
- Progress evaluations (mentors and fellows).
- Information on societies, news, and events.
- Insure pay equity (salary surveys and pay analysis).
- Program surveys and exit interviews.
Counselling and Mentoring
- Formal and informal discussions (seminars, journal clubs, etc.).
- Information on grants and awards.
- Help integrating in the NIH community.
- Resources for problem resolution.
- Visa information for visitors.
- Loan repayment program.